- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
- Data of designated contact persons and SCTF members
What data do we collect?
FIT collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, personal preferences, etc.) of Contact Persons or other individuals if you sign-up or nominate for notifications, competitions, committees, etc.
- Any information that you volunteer to us, for example, when you send us a message.
- IP addresses of our website visitors
FIT may make use of third-party platforms, such as Facebook or Twiter. Please refer to their privacy policies before using their services.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide FIT with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Complete online forms which may be on our website, linked from our website or linked to in email communication
- Sign-up or participate in a competition or event
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback or post on any of our message boards, social media or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
FIT does not acquire personal data from third parties, with the exception of member associations providing contact details of their nominated Contact Persons.
How will we use your data?
FIT collects your data so that we can:
- Administer the ongoing membership of our member associations.
- Communicate with our member associations.
- Communicate with persons who have contacted us.
- Keep our website, and ultimately our visitors, safe.
FIT does not share data with third parties unless the data has been explicitly collected for specific purposes with specific providers for the purpose of delivering membership benefits to our member associations:
- John Benjamin’s for providing access to / copies of the Babel publication
How do we store your data?
FIT securely stores your data electronically on secure servers or on third-party systems with secure access. Access to your data is restricted to persons who need to use your data to provide the services stated above (“how will we use your data”). All passwords are encrypted.
Where you opt-in to receive communications from FIT, you can always opt-out by notifying us or following the automated unsubscribe links. Each current member association must remain contactable for the purpose of administering its membership.
What are your data protection rights?
FIT would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request FIT for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that FIT corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request FIT to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that FIT erases your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that FIT restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to FIT’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that FIT transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com (we cannot guarantee that every message will reach us as they may be blocked as spam by our systems). Or write to us: FIT, 57 rue d’Amsterdam, 75008 Paris, France
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Enable some of our website functionality to work
What types of cookies do we use?
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that FIT has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in your country (within the European Union) or the relevant authorities in your country. The relevant authority in France, where FIT is registered, can be contacted at the following website: www.cnil.fr
Data of designated contact persons and SCTF members
In order to manage the membership of our member associations, FIT keeps and processes data of designated contact persons. This may involve the use of third party platforms and software where the policies of those providers apply.
Within FIT, the following datasets are shared with the stated persons / groups of persons. FIT administrators and functional office holders have access to all data relevant to their work.
- Name and email address of contact persons: all other contact persons of the same member association, Council members and SCTFs for specific purposes.
- Name and email address of SCTF members: all members of the same SCTF, all contact persons of the same member association, Council members and SCTFs for specific purposes.
- Public email address of member associations is published publicly.
- Financial details of member associations: membership status (e.g. active, suspended) are shared with Council members for specific purposes and regional centers. Financial standing information is share with Council only, and with regional centers for statutory purposes only. Financial details such as payment amounts are shared with Council only.
- Data provided in Solidarity Fund applications and findings of the Solidarity fund are shared with Council members and Solidarity Fund SCTF members only.
To make any changes to, or as a, contact person, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.